Art & Whimsy
“Shopping that’s decidedly different.”
Our staff are always eager to help you navigate the unique. When you are looking for something ‘different,’ visit The Creator’s Hands for our gifts, homewares, and indulgences that defy categorization:
Unique greeting cards, hand-painted glassware, clocks of all shapes and sizes, picture frames, candles, locally-made soaps and lotions, Jelly Cat soft stuffed animals (made in England), hand-painted silk scarves, marbled silk ties, sculptures, stained glass and other ornamental mirrors, tote bags, and music CDs.
American Handcrafted Holiday Ornaments debut each year at our Annual Holiday Opening in early November. Ornaments are available on a limited basis throughout the year.
Plus works of art for everyday:
- Recordings by locally-based and nationally known folk singer and dulcimer player Mitzie Collins, plus Harpist Susan Morehouse, and Latin Jazz ensemble, The Mambo Kings
- Women of Color In Color, mixed media sculptures by Rochester artist Cheryl Louise Olney
- My Very Own® Rock Maple baby rattles and toys and gifts made since 1979 by Elwood Turner of Vermont
- Framed original watercolors and matted prints by Rochester artist Kristin Malone
- Solmate Socks for adults, children and infants, colorful and mismatched with loving care in Vermont
The Creator’s Hands takes the stress out of looking for just the right book for the right person on the right occasion. Choose from our carefully curated collection of approximately 50 book titles, which include keepsake books for adults, families, teens, young children, and infants. Journals, spiritual, and inspirational gift books are available alongside titles on local topics and by local authors.
Gift titles range from the lavishly illustrated classic poetry collection A Child’s Garden of Verses, by Robert Louis Stevenson, to introspective and spiritual themes by contemporary authors.